How I Increased My Productivity by At Least 70% Part 1

I’m always seeking methods to become even more productive. If you want results you have to take action. Its as simple as that. Taking the right actions is certainly important, but the majority of time, any action is better than no action at all.

When you’re running a business there is always lots to be done. And it will never end. In Brian Tracy’s classic book, Eat That Frog! the first page opened my mind years ago when I read it. “The fact is that you are never going to get caught up. You will never get on top of your tasks…No matter how many personal productivity techniques you master, there will always be more to do than you can ever accomplish in the time you have available to you.”

Eat That Frog!

(By the way if you don’t have this book, GET IT! It’s cheap and a quick read and very valuable.)

That means there will always be more work to do. Even though its never ending it is best to handle it in the best possible way.

The gist of Eat That Frog!” target=”_blank”>Eat That Frog! is to do the biggest and hardest thing each day first. If you had to eat a frog you would go ahead and do it right now, not keep putting it off because then you’d be dreading when you have to do it in the future.

Almost always people know what they SHOULD be doing. But they’re not doing it for whatever reason.

Another way to look at this is the 80/20 principle. This states that 80% of your results come from 20% of your actions. And that means 20% of your results comes from the other 80% of your actions.

In a previous article I discussed this and that for me writing is one of my 20% actions.

But writing on some things was something I put off doing a lot in the past. I did it, but in a haphazard fashion.

And as a 20% activity, it is my frog, that I eat each and every morning I work. For somewhere between one to two and a half hours I write non-stop. Sometimes its emails and articles like this one. Other times its books I’m working on. Sometimes it sales letters and whole email sequences I craft. Sometimes I’m doing research while writing, other times its straight flow from my head through my fingertips.

I don’t even check my email before doing it anymore. Why open those loops on everything else that I could be doing by responding to those. I’ll get to them all towards the end of my day instead.

What’s the result of doing this?

I’m ahead of schedule almost all the time on articles I need, including guest posts for others. I typically have a backlog of stuff I can send out. I’ve written three books now that I haven’t released yet, with more in other stages of completion. For instance, this article is being written a full week before I plan to release it. And the second part is also being written now.

Let’s take this morning as an example. Besides these two articles, I worked on a chapter for the book that will be added to the Ultimate Recovery Formula course I have. I’m also writing my bi-weekly article for Breaking Muscle a few weeks ahead of schedule. I’m putting the finishing touches on an article about form for and a new article for

That’s a single morning. What happens when you stack morning after morning like this? I predict I’ll get even further and further ahead.

And this is just one of the blocks of time I spend. Although its my first frog its not the only activity I need. In the next article I will be sharing with you how I structure my day, and the recent change I made that resulting in at least a 70% increase in productivity.

, , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply